The Celgene is looking for an interested candidate for the position of Senior Scientist for Cellular Immunotherapy in the Research and Development department.
- PhD Cell / Molecular Biology / Immunology , 5+ years post-doc experience required
- Excellent knowledge and extensive research experience in genome editing technologies and applications required
- Experience in design of molecular gene targeting constructs and gene modification delivery methods in primary eukaryotic cells required
- Knowledge and research experience in immunology and/or tumor biology preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels and regulatory agencies, when necessary.
- Knowledge, research and / or product development experience in gene and/or cell based therapies preferred
- Ability to train and supervise junior staff in a matrix laboratory based environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, required
|Location||Warren, New Jersey|
|Discipline||Clinical, Research, Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Cell Biology, Immunology|
- Laboratory based scientific leader responsible for the development of novel, disruptive cellular immunotherapy concepts and cellular therapy product candidates based on the existing proprietary CCT platforms
- Design and implement experiments, perform data analysis and interpretation for the discovery and development of novel genetically modified cell based cancer immunotherapeutics
- Provide strategic input for the formulation and implementation of R&D strategy and objectives related to the discovery and preclinical development of genetically modified cellular immunotherapeutics.
- Generate the preclinical PoC, go/no-go decision and IND enabling datasets for novel genetically modified cell based immunotherapy candidates.
- Assess and implement the technologies for gene modification optimized for the existing proprietary CCT platforms, compatible with the development of commercial manufacturing process and clinical translation of cell based therapy products.
- Initiate, lead and coordinate the commercial and academic R&D partnerships and collaborations
Closes Wednesday, 2 March 2016
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Their purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. They value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries – and growing their look for talented people to grow their business, advance their science and contribute to their unique culture.