The National Institute of Plant Genome Research is looking for an interested candidate for the position of Staff Scientists who have excellent credentials in the frontier areas of Plant Biology.
- Ph.D. with excellent academic credentials along with the track record of scientific productivity evidenced by publications/patents/products in the frontier areas of Plant Biology such as
- Computational Biology
- Genome Analysis and Molecular Mapping
- Molecular Mechanism of Abiotic Stress Responses
- Plant Immunity, Molecular Breeding
- Nutritional Genomics, Plant Development and Architecture
- Transgenics for crop improvement and other emerging areas based on plant genomics.
The eligible and interested candidates are required to apply (preferably on-line), in the application format and detailed information, available on the website of NIPGR, www.nipgr.ac.in. The application, addressed to the “Director, National Institute of Plant Genome Research, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, P. B. No. 10531, New Delhi – 110067”, should reach on or before October 26, 2015 and must include one passport size photograph (pasted on the hard copy of application duly signed across) along with self-attested documents in support of age, educational qualifications, experience, caste certificate etc., copies of the notable papers/publications & tentative research plans (for scientist positions), with at least three references together with name, address, emails, fax/telephone numbers, etc of the referees. Crucial date for fixing eligibility criteria, upper age limit, etc. shall be the last date of submission of application. Applicants who have applied online are also required to submit the hard copy, i.e. signed copy of the online application with the above enclosures.
The National Institute of Plant Genome Research (formerly known as National Centre for Plant Genome Research) is an autonomous institution aided by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. The Institute’s establishment coincides with the 50th anniversary of India’s independence as well as birth anniversary of Prof. (Dr.) J. C. Bose. The formal announcement was made on November 30th 1997. This Institute has already placed India among the major contributors to plant genomics.