The Lonza is looking for an interested candidate for the position of Technologist – Cell Culture who has good knowledge in biological science with experience in laboratory work.
- A level/HND/BSc or appropriate experience
- You will have a background in a biological science, with previous laboratory experience.
- Be a self starter, with the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced team environment.
- IT proficient (i.e. intermediate Word, Excel)
|Location||Slough, Berkshire (GB)|
- To develop technical knowledge and flawless execution across a range of activities within Cell Culture Development.
- To complete experimental tasks to a high quality standard as directed
- Automated single cell sorting
- Cell Culture
- Automated plate screening
- Fed batch assessment (growth, productivity and product quality)
Closes Wednesday, 20 January 2016
Lonza is one of the world’s leading and most-trusted suppliers to the Pharma & Biotech and Specialty Ingredient markets. They harness science and technology to create products that make people’s and animals’ lives healthier and that enhance the overall quality of life and well-being. Their products and services range from active pharmaceutical ingredients and stem-cell therapies to drinking water sanitizers, from industrial preservatives to microbial control solutions that combat dangerous viruses, bacteria and other pathogens, from the manufacture of vitamin B compounds and organic personal care ingredients to agricultural services and products.
The company is organized into two market-focused segments: Pharma & Biotech and Specialty Ingredients. The core competencies that span these segments are advanced manufacturing and quality-control systems, superior regulatory expertise, in-depth market knowledge, and extensive technical customer-support and R&D capabilities