The Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) is a part of the inter-disciplinary Biotech Science Cluster at Faridabad in the National Capital Region. THSTI is designed to be a dynamic and interactive organization with a mission to conduct innovative translational research across disciplines and professions to accelerate the development of concepts into tangible products to improve human health. THSTI is a recognized R&D institute of the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi to offer doctoral programs in biomedical and clinical research tracks.
Courses offerred for Admissions:
- PhD Course
- Biomedical Research and Clinical Research
Eligibility for Admissions:
- Candidate must have Master’s degree in any branch of life science (including biomedical, health, pharmaceutical, nutritional science, public health, or nursing), veterinary science, engineering, mathematics, or a medical degree (MBBS, BDS, or equivalent) from a recognized university.
- Candidate must have scored 60% or higher marks in all examinations and 55% or higher marks in their qualifying examination
- Except for candidates with medical or allied background (MBBS, BDS, or equivalent) and those with Master’s degree in public health, nutrition, and nursing, all others must have qualified the junior/senior research fellowship examination of CSIR, UGC, ICMR, NBHM or DBT (category I only).
- Candidates with medical or allied background (MBBS, BDS, or equivalent) or those with Master’s degree in public health, nutrition, and nursing, without a research fellowship will be required to appear in an objective type THSTI fellowship eligibility test to be conducted at THSTI in Faridabad on 16th June 2016.
How to Apply
- Candidates fulfilling the above requirements may apply online. Please take a print out of the application, sign it and send it to the Dean (Academics) of the institute at the above address along with the application fee and self-attested copies of documents in support of qualification so as to reach latest by 27th May 2016.
- Candidates in government employment are required to send their application through proper channel or produce NOC at the time of interview
- Applications received after the closing date will not be entertained on any ground including postal delay. Incomplete applications in any respect will be summarily rejected and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- Names of candidates shortlisted for the THSTI fellowship eligibility test and interview shall be displayed on THSTI website by 9 PM on 7th June 2016. Applicants are advised to visit THSTI website for all updates regarding the PhD admissions and no separate intimation may be sent.
Application Fee: Non-refundable application fee of Rs. 500 for General and OBC candidates, and Rs. 250 for SC/ST/PWD candidates should be paid by bank draft in favor of Translational Health Science and Technology Institute payable at Gurgaon.
Deadline: 27 May 2016