Fondazione Umberto Veronesi Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships promotes the Culture of Science without boundaries, favouring advanced professional training of the most deserving scientists and researchers both from Italy and abroad. To support this mission, Fondazione Umberto Veronesi will award 130 fellowships to top level scientists in the field of biomedical research.
How to Apply:
To start with the submission of the application please enter your Name, Surname, Email address and indicate your type of research (clinical or experimental). You will then be directed to the correct application form.
You will be asked to fill in the form with a description of your CV (max 4000 characters including spaces), a list of your scientific, peer-reviewed publications, a short abstract of the proposed project (max 2000 characters including spaces) and the description of the proposed research project (background, experimental plan and description of expected results and future applications to health. Max 9000 characters including spaces).
Please note that during the application process you will be requested to upload the following documentation:
- Two letters of recommendation (mandatory)
- A letter of acceptance by the hosting Institute, signed by the legal representative of the Institute (mandatory). This letter should clearly report the declaration that, in case the candidate will be awarded a Fondazione Veronesi fellowship, he/she will be able to develop his/her project in the indicated institution. Please report on the acceptance letter the name of the laboratory, the name of the PI/Professor/group leader who will supervise the candidate, the department and the institution where the research will be developed.
- A report of any previous projects undertaken with a grant from Fondazione Umberto Veronesi (if present)
- Preliminary results of the project (if available) with a maximum of 3 files.
All files must be in PDF format.
Please note that once you have started to fill in the form, you will have to complete and submit your application. You will not be able to save and complete it later.
Every candidate is allowed to enter only one application in one of the research fields. Candidates who enter more than one application will be excluded from the evaluation procedure.
All applications correctly sent by the deadline and meeting the eligibility criteria will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee.
Candidates will be awarded grants based on the following meritocratic criteria:
- Quality of the scientific curriculum.
- Quality of the research project.