The Vector Control Research Center (VCRC), is engaged in research on Malaria, Filariasis, Dengue, Chikungunya, Japanese encephalitis (JE) and Leishmaniasis which are vector borne diseases. VCRC is one of the permanent institutes of Indian Council of Medical Research established in 1975 at Pondicherry.
MSc Admission for Academic Year 2015:
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION:
- Category I: Open Competition: Candidates seeking admission under this category should have passed any one of the following examinations of any University accepted by the Academic Council of Pondicherry University, Puducherry: B.Sc., in the discipline of Zoology / Botany / Life Sciences / Medical Laboratory Technology/ Microbiology / Ecology / Environmental Science / Biochemistry, or B.V.Sc., or M.B.B.S., or B.E., / B.Tech., degree with Biotechnology as one of the subjects. Those who are appearing for the Under Graduate final examinations / waiting for the results of the above courses can also apply. However, they need to produce evidence for the successful completion of the course fulfilling the eligibility criteria at the time of admission
- Category II: In-service (Self supporting / Sponsored)
- A. Indian Nationals : In-service candidates employed either in Government or Non-Government organizations and sponsored by the employer should have passed the Degree examination in any of the disciplines indicated under Category I from a recognized University accepted by the Academic Council of Pondicherry University, Puducherry. The in-service candidates should send their application with a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer.
- B. Foreign Nationals : The applicants under this category possessing qualification as mentioned under the Category I or the qualification for which Equivalent Certificate obtained from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi are eligible to apply. They will be required to produce Eligibility Certificate from Pondicherry University, Puducherry, subsequently for recognition of their qualification. Applications should be routed through the employer or sponsoring/nominating authority/organization. Applicants with valid visa for the entire duration of the study, only, will be admitted.
- NO. OF SEATS: 12Category I: 8 (General 50.5%, OBC 27%; SC 15% & ST 7.5%); Category IIA: 2; Category IIB: 2
METHOD OF SELECTION: Selection of the candidates under Category I will be based on their performance in the common entrance test (Objective type test of two hours duration). The common entrance test will be held only at Puducherry. Category II A: Based on personal interview and Category II B: Based on a letter of recommendation/ reference from the Employer, marks obtained in graduation and experience in the relevant fields. The list of candidates selected for admission will be published in the Institutes’ website).
Please note the following important dates:
- Last date for the submission of filled-in application (a) Category I: 15th June 2015; (b) Category II: 22nd June 2015
- Common Entrance Test (Category I): 12th July 2015
- Date of Personal Interview (Category IIA): 13th July 2015
- Declaration of Results : 14th July 2015
- Admission: 15th to 31st July 2015
- Commencement of Classes : 3rd August 2015